Terms and Conditions
Guests MUST agree to our Post-Covid-19 protocols – this is to protect both guests and staff. If you cannot agree to this protocol you must let us know within 24 hours of booking and we will cancel your stay with a full refund. The protocol is listed at the foot of this page.
This is our policy regarding Covid related cancellations and refunds
- If there is a National lockdown we would offer a full refund (or reschedule if preferred)
- If there is a local Isle of Wight lockdown we would offer a full refund (or reschedule if preferred)
- Our refund guarantee covers national and local lockdowns, but does NOT cover you (or members of your party) for being unable to travel because you (or a member of your party) become unwell with Covid, or are have to quarantine or self-isolate. These events can be covered by taking out suitable travel insurance. There are now a number of policies that include cover for illness with Covid and self-isolation and some bank annual travel policies also cover this. Alternatively, you can look for suitable cover on comparison sites such as GoCompare
- We are not promoting, endorsing or recommending any particular product, and do not benefit financially from, nor have any formal relationship with, any of these providers that we share for your research purposes.
We confirm a reservation upon receipt of a deposit and a fully completed booking form. You must be over 18 at the time of booking. Bookings are accepted at our discretion. As soon as you receive a confirmation of booking you must check it carefully and report any errors immediately. Payment balance is due strictly 6 weeks prior to your holiday. We do send an mail reminder* and if no response is forthcoming we will consider the holiday cancelled by you and your deposit will not be refunded.* It is your responsibility to ensure that we have a correct email address for you – or to let us know if you would prefer a postal reminder.
You will be asked for a deposit to secure and confirm your holiday. Once confirmed this deposit is NOT refundable unless the holiday is cancelled by us.
When requested this returnable deposit must be paid in advance, at the same time as all balances are due, 6 weeks before your holiday. It is held against any damages, breakages, loss of keys, unexpected cleaning and suchlike. The deposit will be returned as soon as administratively possible after your stay, providing everything is in order.
Cancellation by YOU – If you have to cancel your holiday, for whatever reason, you must contact us immediately. If you cancel your holiday at least 6 weeks before your holiday is due we will retain the deposit but return any balances paid.. If you cancel your holiday within 6 weeks of the start date the final balance is nonrefundable. Should we find it possible to re-let the date then we will refund your payment, less the deposit. We recommend that guests take out their own insurance to cover this eventuality.
Cancellation by US – Once we have sent you a confirmation we will do our very best not to have to change or cancel your holiday. We promise to do all we can to avoid this but we MUST reserve the right to do so.
NUMBER OF PERSONS
Your holiday group must not exceed the maximum number of persons allotted to each accommodation – except in certain very limited circumstances and agreed in writing by us. If you do we can refuse you access to the property or ask you to leave. This will deem the holiday to have been cancelled by you and you will not be entitled to any refunds.
ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE TIMES
These can vary and we do ask you to carefully check your correspondence!
WIFI, INTERNET USAGE AND PHONES
Where a landline or internet access is provided please note the following terms. We provide phone and internet access at some of our accommodation where possible. This is provided free of charge for reasonable usage. We will get email notification during your stay if usage goes above our usual allowance and will notify you where possible of this. Overseas phone calls and large internet downloads etc will be charged at cost price plus admin and taken from your deposit.
There is no wifi/phone at The Shack
CONDUCT & NOISE LEVELS
We are entitled to ask you to leave any accommodation, without refund of any Moines paid or any other liability to you, if, in our reasonable opinion your behavior is unacceptable. You are expected to show due consideration for other guests, residents and staff.
Please note that live amplified music / bands and professional DJ equipment is not acceptable at any of our locations without any prior permission being given.
Due to the rural nature of our location Fireworks, Chinese lanterns and helium balloon releases are not appropriate and cannot be used.
Any abuse of these terms will result in the termination of your stay.
You must allow us (or anyone representing us/workmen etc.)access to the accommodation at any reasonable time during your stay.
Any items left behind and to be returned are liable to a minimum £10 handling charge plus P&P.
As well obtaining a general holiday insurance to cover the holiday cost if you are unable to make your date – guests are advised to insure yourself against loss or damage to valuables whilst away from home.
The Mission and The Scout Hall are welcoming well behaved dogs – strictly by arrangements and subject to these T&C’s
The Shack is NOT suitable for dogs, sorry
Strictly prohibited at all our accommodation
Commercial and professional photography is strictly by arrangement and is SEPARATE from holiday bookings.
We do require some personal details when you make a booking. We take all reasonable steps to ensure security and privacy of your details. We DO NOT pass on any personal details to anyone else at any time. We require a valid email address unless you prefer to correspond by post. We do not correspond by post unless specifically asked to do so.
Version two 04/02/2021
The Shacks reserve the right to amend these Terms and Conditions
Protocols to protect
What we are doing
- Information manuals will now be issued in PDF form – you will have been sent a link to this area of our website
- Videos are online where appropriate
- The building contents have been edited to reduce high touch areas
- Staff are fully briefed in all protocols
- We will be using fogging machines with antiviral spray to EN 14476 standard to fumigate once guests check out – in the case of the Shack this will be hand misters
- After a thorough clean all surfaces and high touch areas will be treated with anti viral sprays
- Cleaning products for guests are supplied including new sponges and dish cloths for each new guests
- All mattress and pillow protectors will be replaced at every changeover.
- A guest protocol is also in place
- A checklist to be completed at end of each clean by staff
What we ask of you
- Do NOT come on holiday if anyone in your group is unwell
- Once you are staying with us and anyone in your group is showing symptoms of Coronavirus please inform us and then follow government guidelines
- All refuse must be taken to bins in the car park (Mission & Scout) or to rear of building (Shack)
- Linen must be stripped and put in bags provided – Please, linen and towels separately – please leave pillow and mattress protectors in situ for us to change as these must not go in bags with other laundry
- Check in time is now 3pm – check out is before 10.30am
- Please respect those guests coming after you and ensure all washing up done to highest standards at highest temperature possible. Washing up liquid and new sponges and cloths are supplied and of course you have a dishwasher (NB no dishwasher at The Shack)
- Regarding the composting toilet at The Shack – this can be serviced on request but we will need you to help us with this so that social distancing can be observed – there is a video on the guest resources page
- This protocol is subject to change on new government advice
How the buildings will differ from usual
- For the time being all bedspreads, throws and most cushions will be removed so you may wish to bring your own
- Bedding (duvets, pillows and linen) IS supplied – you do not need to bring your own
- Board games etc will also be removed at this time
- Safety info is inside a door of a kitchen cupboard
- Information manuals will now be issued in PDF form – you will be sent a link to this area of our website
Version two 04/02/2021