Terms and Conditions
UPDATE 30th December 2020
We are currently in tier four and therefore closed – we are taking bookings for 2021
Guests MUST agree to our Post-Covid-19 protocols – this is to protect both guests and staff. If you cannot agree to this protocol you must let us know and we will cancel your stay. The protocol is listed at the foot of this page.
UPDATE SEPTEMBER 2020
This is our policy regarding bookings and refunds
- If there is a National lockdown we would offer a refund (or reschedule if preferred)
- If there is a local Isle of Wight lockdown we would offer a refund (or reschedule if preferred)
- If you are unable to travel for Covid related reasons we would offer to reschedule your stay (documentation proof required)
We confirm a reservation upon receipt of a deposit and a fully completed booking form. You must be over 18 at the time of booking. Bookings are accepted at our discretion. As soon as you receive a confirmation of booking you must check it carefully and report any errors immediately. Payment balance is due strictly 6 weeks prior to your holiday. We do send an mail reminder* and if no response is forthcoming we will consider the holiday cancelled by you and your deposit will not be refunded.* It is your responsibility to ensure that we have a correct email address for you – or to let us know if you would prefer a postal reminder.
You will be asked for a deposit to secure and confirm your holiday. Once confirmed this deposit is NOT refundable unless the holiday is cancelled by us. However, we do usually refund a deposit if we manage to re-let the date but please understand that this is not guaranteed and we do not have to refund the deposit as a matter of course.
When requested this returnable deposit must be paid in advance, at the same time as all balances are due, 6 weeks before your holiday. It is held against any damages, breakages, loss of keys, unexpected cleaning and suchlike. Previously agreed charges can also be deducted from this at your request (this may be valeting, laundry, logs etc.). The deposit will be returned as soon as administratively possible after your stay, providing everything is in order.
Cancellation by YOU – If you have to cancel your holiday, for whatever reason, you must contact us immediately. If you cancel your holiday at least 6 weeks before your holiday is due we will retain the deposit but return any balances paid.. If you cancel your holiday within 6 weeks of the start date the final balance is nonrefundable. Should we find it possible to re-let the date then we will refund your payment, less the deposit. We recommend that guests take out their own insurance to cover this eventuality.
Cancellation by US – Once we have sent you a confirmation we will do our very best not to have to change or cancel your holiday. We promise to do all we can to avoid this but we MUST reserve the right to do so.
NUMBER OF PERSONS
Your holiday group must not exceed the maximum number of persons allotted to each accommodation – except in certain very limited circumstances and agreed in writing by us. If you do we can refuse you access to the property or ask you to leave. This will deem the holiday to have been cancelled by you and you will not be entitled to any refunds.
ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE TIMES
These can vary and we do ask you to carefully check your correspondence!
WIFI, INTERNET USAGE AND PHONES
Where a landline or internet access is provided please note the following terms. We provide phone and internet access at some of our accommodation where possible. This is provided free of charge for reasonable usage. We will get email notification during your stay if usage goes above our usual allowance and will notify you where possible of this. Overseas phone calls and large internet downloads etc will be charged at cost price plus admin and taken from your deposit.
CONDUCT & NOISE LEVELS
We are entitled to ask you to leave any accommodation, without refund of any Moines paid or any other liability to you, if, in our reasonable opinion your behavior is unacceptable. You are expected to show due consideration for other guests, residents and staff.
Please note that live amplified music / bands and professional DJ equipment is not acceptable at any of our locations without any prior permission being given.
Due to the rural nature of our location Fireworks, Chinese lanterns and helium balloon releases are not appropriate and cannot be used.
Any abuse of these terms will result in the termination of your stay.
You must allow us (or anyone representing us/workmen etc.)access to the accommodation at any reasonable time during your stay.
Any items left behind and to be returned are liable to a minimum £10 handling charge plus P&P. This will be deducted from you returnable deposit.
As well obtaining a general holiday insurance to cover the holiday cost if you are unable to make your date – guests are advised to insure yourself against loss or damage to valuables whilst away from home.
The Mission and The Scout Hall are welcoming well behaved dogs – strictly by arrangements and subject to these T&C’s
The Shack is NOT suitable for dogs, sorry
Strictly prohibited at all our accommodation
Commercial and professional photography is strictly by arrangement and is SEPARATE from holiday bookings.
We do require some personal details when you make a booking. We take all reasonable steps to ensure security and privacy of your details. We DO NOT pass on any personal details to anyone else at any time. We require a valid email address unless you prefer to correspond by post. We do not correspond by post unless specifically asked to do so.
Post-Covid-19 guest protocols
NB – you will also be sent a link to download a PDF of this information
- New guest protocols for post Covid-19 period – for your safety, the safety of other guests and of course the safety of our staff these guidelines MUST strictly be adhered to
- Do NOT come on holiday If anyone in your group is unwell
- If while you are staying with us and anyone in your group is showing symptoms of Coronavirus or is unwell please inform us
- All refuse must be taken to bins outside
- Linen must be stripped and put in clear recyclable plastic bags provided
- Check in time is now from 3pm – check out is before 10.30am
- Please respect those guests coming after you and ensure all washing up done to highest standards and dishwasher used at higher temperature
- For the time being all bedspreads, throws and cushions will be removed so you may wish to bring your own
- Our linen and towels are contract hire – therefore they are all laundered to hospital standard
- Board games etc will also be removed at this time
- House manuals will now be issued in PDF form
- Videos are online where appropriate
- Kitchen equipment has now been streamlined – you will find a checklist to check what is available – you may wish to bring some of your own kit.
- There is an upgraded cleaning kit for guests – including some disposable gloves and aprons
- These protocols may be subject to change pending new government advice – we will advise if this is the case