Our little wooden shack is in the most special seaside spot near to Cowes on the Isle of Wight. Footsteps from the sea and surrounded by other quirky little shacks, railway carriages and cabins – each in it’s own little dell and not over-looked.
We are proud to say that The Shack won ‘cosiest cottage hideaway’ in the My Isle of Wight Awards three years running 2013/4/5
It is a true Lo Fi experience …. if you love the idea of a proper get-away-from-it all holiday you will adore The Shack.
- 2 bedrooms – 1 double and 1 twin
- Living area with wood-burner (logs supplied FOC), armchairs and a dining table
- Kitchen with a teeny cooker (2 rings and a small oven) and a normal sized new gas-powered fridge. Hot water sink. Plenty of kitchen kit.
- Hot water shower room with a sink and a composting toilet – this is easy to use and no emptying involved!
- Lighting by solar panels that’s will last an evening easily
- 2 solar powered electrical sockets, strictly for phones and laptops etc – not for hairdryers/straighteners
- Wind up radios and lanterns supplied
- All linen and towels supplied
- Outside there is a private garden area with table and chairs, a tree swing, hammock, chimenia and BBQ
- Sorry – we can’t accept pets at The Shack
- No Smoking
- Due to the rustic nature of the location the track to The Shack is very bumpy – most cars will be fine but it is NOT suitable for low-slung sporty cars
Tariff – please check via the reservation calendar
If The Shack is booked for the date you want …. why not check out our latest project #TinyHomesHolidays
What our guests say …
Graham Reynolds, guest at The Shack “Had a really great stay at the Shack. Wonderful place to just chill out and get away from it all, but civilisation just a few miles drive. Lovely comfy bed, quiet location, and no light pollution all added up to best nights sleep we have had in a long time.” Rating 5*
Paul Gilmore, guest at The Shack “The Shack was the perfect place for a romantic weekend away from it all, beautiful inside and out. Thanks for a really memorable break!” rating 5*
Gemma Copping & James Stimpson, guests at The Shack “We stayed in the shack for the first weekend in June and we loved every second. The Shack was beyond beautifully decorated with so many little touches that came together perfectly. It was also very well equipped with good facilities. The close proximity to a near deserted beach was idyllic, allowing us to fly a kite and watch a perfect sunset together. Our evenings were spent playing games, drinking wine, talking and listening to the radio. It was the simplicity and escapism that we both very much were in need of. I can say hand on heart, our weekend spent at The Shack was my favourite days of my life so far. It was relaxing with breath taking views and was a good base to explore the many wonders of the island. We have vowed to go back and feel it will be a place that becomes a home from home when we need an escape from it all. rating 5*
Heidi James, guest at The Shack “Wow! What a wonderful trip to The Shack! We had a wonderful time, the Shack was more than we could’ve hoped for… And the service from Vintage Vacations has been second to none. We will be back, perhaps next time to The Mission Hall… Then an Air Stream… Then back to The Shack!!” rating 5*
Lisa McCormack, Shack guests “Second time we’ve been to The Shack, and it’s absolutely beautiful. Magical setting right next to a stunning and unspoilt beach, The Shack is a perfect gem of a getaway from the race that is life! Highly recommend it, and we’ll be back!” rating 5*
Pilfold Family, guests at The Shack “From the moment we set eyes on the Shack we knew this would be a holiday to remember. The shack is small, but perfectly formed. It has everything you need for a brilliant, fun, cosy family weekend away. The hammock and the swing were a hit with the kids (two boys aged 5 and 7) and the view was outstanding. Within a stones throw of the beach which is a treasure chest of marine finds, you don’t ever want to to leave. We’ll be back.” rating 5*
More reviews here